Now here’s some truly exciting news: Just got word that Real Taste Catering will be setting up at the Pajama Factory every Saturday!
Many of us got our first taste of Real Taste Catering at the 7th Annual Holiday Market last weekend and there were some great dishes—this will truly be a welcome addition to weekends at the Pajama Factory, so come down and show your support!
Comments Off on Good News!
“It’s official Real Tacos Real Taste has a Regular Saturday Spot YEAH @Pajama Factory Hope to see you all on Saturdays!!”
All of us folks over here at the Pajama Factory would like to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving.
We hope you had not only a great day, but a great year as well.
We have a lot to be thankful for here at the Pajama Factory: another year of great art, another year of great events, new friends and new businesses born right here in the shadow of our smokestack.
We’re happy to be here, happy to have you all as friends and proud to be your neighbor.
Thank you for welcoming us into your community again this year!
(The picture above is, of course, the banner for our upcoming Holiday Market. I chose it mainly because it’s really a great looking image, designed by our own Kyle Huggins (Thanks, Kyle!) The Holiday Market is coming up very soon and you should definitely come, both Friday and all day Saturday!)
Comments Off on Happy Thanksgiving
Welcome news from Way Cool Beans.
Comments Off on Wake and smell the coffee…
(Shared Facebook post from Way Cool Beans)
WE ARE ROASTING
LIFE IS GOOD
We had a little bit of election night excitement tonight at Way Cool Beans when the coffee roaster overheated and filled the area with smoke.
The Williamsport Bureau of Fire were called as a precaution and did a great job of making sure everyone and everything was safe.
Way Cool Beans will be closed early tomorrow until they get the all-clear to open from the Codes Department.
Update: November 9, 10am
Comments Off on Election Night Excitement
Nice article in today’s Business Section of the Sun Gazette, reporting on the meeting held the other night at Way Cool Beans, looking to bring Uber to Williamsport.
You can read the whole thing here…
Comments Off on Thanks, Williamsport Sun-Gazette!
Cliff Stevens, who’s been quite active with Val Beggs’ sewing classes, took the pattern of a hand-woven Bolivian textile and had it printed online. When the fabric arrived, he reverse-engineered his wife’s favorite top and duplicated it with the new fabric, giving her a truly wonderful gift.
Not only is this very cool, it’s the kind of thing *you* can do, when you Make What You Wear! Thanks for sharing, Cliff!
Comments Off on Here’s a great thing
…to listen to a bit of Carol Ann Simon Cillo’s gallery talk:
Comments Off on Stopped by…
What do you think? Is Williamsport ready for Uber?
This Tuesday at 6:30PM at Way Cool Beans, there will be a meeting to discuss the pros and cons of the ride-sharing service, lead by Bill Hall, who currently drives for Uber, (though he has to commute to State College to do so!)
Here’s some of the discussion points that will be covered:
- UBER now operates in all PA counties except Clinton (Lock Haven), Lycoming (Williamsport), Union (Lewisburg), Northumberland (Sunbury)
- UBER has been in State College, PA since February 2015
- DUIs in State College have been reduced by 78%
- Average time to pick up: 4 minutes
- Average fare: $6.00
- NO cash changes hands, all money runs through app
- No downtown/airport parking hassles
- Use UBER and lower the maintenance/expenses of your own vehicle
- App allows you to split fares with other people sharing your ride
- Download rider app from uber.com, sign petition
Comments Off on Come make your voice heard!
- Creates jobs
- Drive when you feel like it, anywhere in PA, NJ, MD, NY
- Must be 21, no history of DUI
- Must pass criminal history check
- Car must be 10 years old or newer
- Download driver’s app to apply
- Use INVITE CODE: U1ZDSHCZUE
- After first 10 drives get $100.00 bonus if you use above code