Williamsport Music Scene Summit
- Location: Community Room
- (t) 215.694.0589
- (e) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Event Info on Facebook
Think of this as something along the lines of a meetup, town hall, TED-ish event—but focused entirely on the Williamsport music scene. Each music-scene-stakeholder VIP/Speaker will have up to 5 minutes to: a.) share what it is they’re doing now in Williamsport’s music scene AND b.) share their ideas and vision for an even more vibrant local music scene (ex: new/diff events, venues, activities, talents, spaces, resources, buildings, technologies, organizations, collaborations, etc…). Then, we’ll open it up to the audience for 20-30 minutes where interested attendees can have the mic for up to 1 minute and share their own thought, new idea, vision, etc. for strengthening Williamsport’s music scene. The intention is to create a safe and open environment for people to learn about, share, and self-organize around ideas for Williamsport’s music scene and to catalyze and support those ideas so they can take root and emerge organically from the coming together of all these people, their ideas, expertises, resources, etc — ultimately to foster the growth of new and improved musical experiences here in Williamsport. That’s it, and if nothing else, it’ll be fun and interesting to geek out about music.
VIP speakers include (and the list keeps growing):
- Dave Brumbaugh – Executive Director /Guitar & Theory Instructor of The Uptown Music Collective
- Fred Daniele – Owner of Franco’s Lounge
- Marc Garside – Principal at EPIC Percussion
- Amanda Horn Gunderson – Assistant Professor, Music at Lycoming College
- Janet Harris – E.D. of Williamsport Symphony Orchestra
- Christopher Hayes – DyHard Entertainment
- Todd Kendall et al – Williamsport Area School District, Music Department, Band
- Jameel McAfee – WXPI Radio
- Doug McMinn – Singer, Songwriter, Guitarist, Reedman
- Lance Ohnmeiss – Director of the Williamsport Imperial Teteques, a community band founded in 1897.
- Dr. Eddie Severn – Jazz and Brass Director at Lock Haven University, Co-founder of the Williamsport City Jazz Orchestra, Director/Founder of the Clinton County Jazz Festival
- Bonnie Tallman – Chair/Secretary of Billtown Blues, and former (25yrs) record label owner and talent manager
- Joel Vincent – Drummer, Principal WilliamsportLive.com & Vinsense Development
- Mike Wrench – Drummer for Moxie & Re•bel; a local Indie Rock band
This event is FREE, and open to the Public. Located in the Community Room at the Pajama Factory; ground floor theater space off of the courtyard.
(image: Graphic notation of Konstellationen (1971) by Roman Haubenstock-Ramati)