1883

Construction started in 1883 and ended in 1919

  • Built by Lycoming Rubber Company, a subsidiary of the U.S. Rubber Company, one of the largest manufacturers of all kinds of rubber goods in the United States.
  • The Lycoming division made tennis shoes, KEDS sneakers, gym and yachting shoes as well as some miscellaneous “rubber-related products”.

1910–1916

Factory closed in 1910 during a downturn in the economy.

 

Posted in .