Guided Open Studio Tour (FREE)
- Location: Pajama Factory Complex
- (e) email@example.com
- Event Info on Facebook
You’re invited to participate in a guided open studio tour of a curated selection of artists’ spaces at the Pajama Factory!
*Space is limited, so please reserve your spot by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org*
On Saturday, September 8 from 10 am to 2 pm participants will be guided through the Pajama Factory complex of buildings, wherein the artists will be discussing their work and opportunities for you to become involved. After the tour is over you are welcome to continue to explore the Pajama Factory. Take this opportunity to revisit a space from the tour, explore the buildings’ unique architecture or pop into the Billtown Brainery for their monthly Billtown Bazaar, which runs concurrently with this event until 4 pm. A food truck will be on site for you to grab a snack as well.
This event is FREE and open to the public but space is limited so please reserve your spot by emailing: email@example.com. The tour will start promptly at 10 am from the courtyard directly adjacent to the parking lot at the corner of Rose Street and Park Avenue, so please arrive on time so as to not be left behind!
- Factory Works Gallery + Ana Vizcarra Rankin: Studio 9-210
- Factory Works Gallery, located in Studio 9-210, is a space for emerging and established artists, both locally and regionally, to experiment, materially and conceptually, and for the community to engage with work that challenges notions of what art can and does look like.
- Ana Vizcarra Rankin is an Uruguayan American artist based in Philadelphia, Vizcarra Rankin has exhibited extensively and received various awards. Vizcarra Rankin holds an MFA from the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts and a BA in art history from Temple University. Her work resides in international, public, corporate and private collections. She’ll be discussing her current exhibition in the Factory Works Gallery, Flesh Planetarium.
- Joanne Landis: Studio 10-222
- Joanne Landis is a narrative painter who works primarily with oil paint and who’s work features figures, mostly women, that are often meditations on archetypes. She mains a studio at the Pajama Factory where she occasionally offers workshops. She has exhibited extensively and has work included in numerous collections.
- Factory Works Clay Studio + Carol Cillo: Studio 10-226
- Factory Works Clay Studio is a place for both beginners and advanced students to explore the clay medium through classes, membership, individual instruction, and workshops. The Clay Studio’s mission is to introduce ceramics to people who are interested in working with clay as an art medium. The clay studio focus is on expanding the membership program and providing an open and friendly, fully equipped space where members can explore and experiment with the many facets of ceramics, while having the opportunity to engage with other people learning clay.
- Carol Ann Simon Cillo is a fine artist concentrating on ceramics and painting, while pushing traditional methods into ventures with mixed media. Her works explore contrast and texture, often times exploring ideas through metaphor. She has a B.S. in Art Education from Edinboro University of Pennsylvania and has studied drawing and design at Carnegie Mellon University.
- Bicycle Recycle: Studio 10-106S
- Williamsport Bicycle Recycle is an all-volunteer community workshop that is part of the non-profit 501c3 Factory Works. They are located on the ground floor of the Pajama Factory directly adjacent to the parking lot at the corner of Rose Street and Park Avenue.
- Factory Works Photo Lab: Studio 9-206
- Factory Works Photo Lab is a community darkroom and photography lab specializing in black and white film photography. They offer workshops, memberships and drop in services as well as personalized instruction in photography, both film and digital. In addition they provide access to the Pajama Factory for area photographers wanting to do photo shoots, to find out more please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Todd Rice: Studio 7-243
- Todd Rice has been creating for over 40 years. He has a deep love for old horror/sci-fi movies, music and abstract expressionism. He creates paintings, sculpture and music in his studio at the Pajama Factory.
- Chris Hayward: Studio 7-246
- Chris Hayward of Writers Qi/Divine Qi at the Pajama Factory, is a freelance tech and science writer, specializing in case studies, white papers, articles, and web content. She is also a Reiki Master offering tarot, energy clearing and rune casting services. Both Qi businesses are members of the Williamsport Lycoming Chamber of Commerce. She is available 9am-2pm for drop in clients most weekdays in her studio, where she also holds various workshops, and offers wares from local artists for sale.
- Rita & Steve Bower: Studio 7-248
- Rita Bower is a professional artist who uses a variety of art mediums to express herself. She exhibits and sells her art in galleries, exhibitions and in her own studio/gallery at the Pajama Factory which she shares with her husband, Steven. Throughout the course of her career she has taught art, both publicly and privately. Rita has been awarded for her art and also for her teaching: twice receiving the teacher-of-the-year award. She holds a Bachelors and Masters degree in Art Education.
- Steve Bower has been a practicing artist for forty-five years working primarily in water based media. Steve began in 1973 as a full time fine artist maintaining a studio in Wellsboro, PA until 1988. In 1988 he left art as a full time profession to teach in the Southern Tioga School District and at Mansfield University as an adjunct professor specializing in drawing and water based media. Steve retired in 2015 and has since maintained a studio with his wife Rita at the Pajama Factory in Williamsport, PA. During the 45 years Steve has had work exhibited in numerous one man, group, and juried shows. The more notable shows were the American Watercolor Society, Pittsburgh Watercolor Society, Watercolor USA, and the Pennsylvania Watercolor Society.